Labor definitions indicate what settings are applicable for a store. In Workforce, you can make one set of definitions that can be used for all entities called the default labor definitions. These are the rules that will be applied unless a specific labor definition exists for a particular entity.
1.First Day of Week - Indicate the default first day of the week. Each schedule will begin with this day as the start of the workweek.
2.Start of Labor Day - Indicate the default start of the labor day. Keep in mind that this time will indicate the beginning of the labor day. Therefore, if 3:00 a.m. is the beginning of the work day, the work day is from 3:00 a.m. on day one until 2:59 on day two. Keep this in mind if you are setting up an entity that conducts business after midnight. If you want business from midnight until close to be included on the previous day, make sure to set the start of business day after the latest closing time and before the earliest opening time.
Example: If the start of labor day is set to midnight and an employee works from 8:00 p.m. until 12:30 a.m., they will show a four hour shift for the first day and a 30 minute shift for the next.
3.Wage Rule Set - Select the appropriate default wage rule set.
6.Default Forecasting Sales Weeks - Indicate the number of weeks that should be included in the average to determine the sales forecast. For more information on forecasting, visit the Forecasting section under Concepts.
7.Recurring Special Day Set - Identify the default recurring special day set.
8.Variable Special Day Set - Identify the default variable special day set.
9.Schedule Group Set - Identify the default schedule group set.
10. Restaurant Station Set - Identify the default restaurant station set.
11. Time Off Request Buffer - If you want to set a number of days before employees can request time off, set the number of days in the Time Off Request Buffer field.
12. Time Off Request Cut-off - Controls how many days in advance someone may request off. For example, a limit of 60 would not allow someone to request a date off that was 61 days away from the current date.
14. Forecasting GL Filter - Indicate which general ledger (GL) account filter should be applied to identify the accounts that should be used for sales forecasting.
16. SMTP Configuration - Indicate the default SMTP configuration.
17. SMS Configuration - Indicate the default SMS configuration for text messaging.
18. House Shift Overlap Threshold % - If you have elected to restrict drops or swaps that overlap available house shifts, indicate the percentage of acceptable overlap time. If the shift the employee is attempting to pick up or swap for overlaps an open house shift by the set threshold or greater, the shift will not be presented to the employee as an option for pick up or swapping. If the shift the employee is attempting to pick up or swap for overlaps an open house shift by less than the threshold, the shift will be available to the employee.
For example: If the threshold is set to 50% and employee A wishes to pick up a shift on Wednesday from 10:00 am - 6:00 pm, but there is a house shift to be filled for the same job for 12:00 pm - 8:00 pm, employee A will not be able to pick up the 10:00 am - 6:00 pm shift as it overlaps the house shift by 75% which exceeds the 50% threshold. This is calculated by taking the number of hours the two shifts overlap (12:00 pm to 6:00 pm = 6 hours) and dividing it by the total hours of the house shift (8). 6/8 = .75 = 75%
If, however, the threshold is set to 80%, then the employee would have the option to pick up the Wednesday shift from 10:00 am - 6:00 pm since the shift only overlaps the house shift by 75%.
19. Day Part Set - Indicate the default Day Part Set.
20. Report Messaging Abuse To - Indicate an email address to which MyWorkforce users can report a copy of any message received. Overwrite this email on entity specific Labor Definitions if you wish for each entity's messages to be reported separately. The MyWorkforce user reporting the message will also receive a copy of the notification email.
2.ADP Export Config - If you export payroll to ADP, choose the ADP export config.
4.Paychex Export Config - If you export payroll to Paychex, choose the Paychex export config.
5. Std. Labor Export Config - If you export standard payroll files, select the standard export config to be used.
1.Weighted Avg. OT - If a weighted average should be applied to overtime hours, put a check in the Weighted Avg OT check box. Please see the Weighted Average Overtime section under Concepts for further explanation on how weighted average overtime is calculated. Note that all entities in the same wage group must share the same weighted average overtime setting.
2.Enable Gratuities - Check this box if you will use Daily Employee Totals to enter or import tips and/or service charges, separately from the Time Entry screen. Note: Tips and Service Charges may still be entered on the Time Entry screen if this box is not checked, based on the settings below to show tips or service charges.
3.Use Weekly Job Totals - Check this box only if you will be importing tips and/or service charges to Daily Employee Totals on a weekly basis. This will allow the totals to be considered regardless of the existence of a valid time entry on the same date. This setting requires that Weighted Avg. OT be selected.
4.Automatically Generate Employee Rest Periods - Check this box if you want to automatically generate rest periods when making schedules. Note that in order for this to take place, you will need to set up meal rest rules and/or break rest rules.
6.Show Service Charges Paid - Check this box if your company records service charges that are paid out. Note that in order for service charges to be used, the Weighted Avg. OT box must also be selected.
7.Show Service Charges Withheld - Check this box if your company records service charges that are withheld. Note that in order for service charges to be used, the Weighted Avg. OT box must also be selected.
8.Show Service Charges Paid - If your company pays out service charges and you want this figure on reports, check this box.
9.Show Service Charges Withheld - If your company withholds service charges and you want this figure on reports, check this box.
10.Time Adjustment Reason Required - When a manager is adjusting or entering time information for employees, check the box if you want to require a reason.
11.Time Adjustment Comment Required - When a manager is adjusting or entering time information for employees, check this box if you want to require a comment be inserted.
12.Show Meals - Check this box to allow meals to be scheduled.
13.Show Breaks - Check this box to allow breaks to be scheduled.
14. Allow Time Off Request for Posted Schedules - If you want to allow time off requests on posted schedules, check this box. Leaving it unchecked will not allow for time off requests to be submitted if a schedule is already posted for that employee that includes the time being requested.
If this box is checked and an employee submits a time off request for any time they are scheduled to work any job on a posted schedule, managers will be alerted (both in Workforce and in the MyWorkforce portal) so that they can take this into account when deciding to approve or deny the request. This allows the manager the option to visit the posted schedule and reassign the shift before approving the request.
15. Write Statistical Labor Totals to GL - If you also use Compeat Advantage, checking this box will allow statistical labor data to be written to the general ledger.
16. Restrict Manager Notifications to Schedule Group - Checking this box will restrict any schedule change requests and time off requests for each manager to their associated schedule groups. Managers will only see requests for schedule groups where they are listed as a selected user.
19. Mask Scheduled Employee Out Times – Check this box to hide your out times from all employee facing views. This will affect your weekly schedule report and all MyWorkforce schedule time views. Keep in mind that if this option is selected, employees will not see shift end times when attempting to swap, drop or pick up a shift.
20. Restrict Drops that Overlap House Shifts - If house shifts exist that overlap an available dropped shift, the dropped shift will not be available to employees until the house shift is filled. Note that an overlap percentage can be set to allow
21. Restrict Swaps that Overlap House Shifts - If house shifts exist that overlap an available shift for swapping, the shift available for swapping will not be available to employees until the house shift is filled.
22. Automatically Advertise House Shifts - By checking this box, employees who have elected to receive house shift notifications will automatically be made aware of the new house shift(s).
23. Employee Time Entry Edit Alerts - By checking this box, employees who have elected to receive notifications will automatically be made aware of any edits to existing time entries.
24. Show Full Schedule in myWorkforce - By checking this box, employees will be provided an option to download the full schedule for their assigned entities by logging into MyWorkforce.me. The Weekly Schedule Report will be presented.
25. myWorkforce Employee Messaging - By checking this box, employees will be able to send messages to any employee within their assigned entities. Messages will be limited to a single recipient unless they are assigned to a job with "Enable Broadcast Messaging" turned on. It is recommended to set an email address to allow employees to report messaging abuse also.
Once all definitions are completed, click the Save button.
Send feedback on this topic.